Saturday, June 13, 2009

Rice Crispy Chicken







So, i try to cook for my husband. I won't claim to be good at all. Because maybe its just my personality but i always think i'm bad at everything. But he eats it, and always seems to like it. So, either A. He's a liar and he is jsut trying to make me feel good. OR B. I really am a good cook. :) :) lets go with B. Well, anyway browsing all the blogs that i read i came across this website and found a very interestingly yummy looking Recipe. Chicken Breaded with Rice Crispy Cereal. Okay so far i like all the ingrediants.. read on and it was very easy to make so i was like i am going to try and make it. Whenever i make a new recipe i always warn my husband it might not taste very good. So after doing so i run to Publix ( i love publix they have paper bags great selection and always carry my bags to the car even if i only have two!!) :) Then i get home and i made it. Now on the recipe it says cook 25 minutes but my chicken wasn't all the way thawed so i did it for 45 minutes. But it was soo easy.

Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 cup rice crispy cereal
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 packet of ranch mix (they all have whey so I omitted and added 1 tsp. each of onion and garlic powder, plus generous sprinklings of salt and pepper)
2 egg whites, beaten (I just used two whol

e eggs)

First, wash and trim the meat. Next, dunk them in the beaten eggs, and then coat them with the cereal mixture. Place onto a greased baking dish (or sheet) and bake for 25 minutes in a 350° oven until juices run clear. (45 minutes if frozen)

The rice crispy should be nice and slightly brown'd. :)

So i made it and it was really really good!! I was

pretty nervous at first because i just didn't know if the rice crispys would be overbearing but they weren't. It was too much crispy and as you can see i put on a lot. But it turned out to be great!!

Oh and i made cinnamon rolls for breakfast!! Ohh yaa!!

One last thought, i know the rice and black beans are an odd combination but i thought we have vegetables but we didn't. S o i had to do something else. OOPSS!! It happens.




Man she is sooo darn cute!! :) Once again my Beautiful Daughter… But i mean come on you can’t possibly get tired of that face.

0 comments: